S.A.L.P. SpA, a modern and competitive company, aware of innovation, intended to implement a health and safety management system, with the purpose of giving further value to its own activity, by turning its own attention to the issues relating to workers' safety within a consistent management system. These considerations have lead the Company to consider the regulation OHSAS18001 as a reference model of its own Safety Management System (S.M.S.).
With this outlook, S.A.L.P. SpA established the following goals:
- Always working in respect of the laws, of the rules as well as of the regulations, aiming to the protection of safety and health of workers and of hygiene on workplaces.
- Increasing the efficiency of the organizational structure for a significant improvement in the activity management.
- Spreading out safety culture by means of a permanent training process, of getting the personnel involved and making it responsible.
- Setting out programmes relating to the reduction of injuries and accidents on workplaces.
- Performing periodic assessments on the application of the Safety Management System with regard to:
- The compliance with the goals and the programmes set out.
- The analysis of the non-compliances registered.
- Raising awareness of suppliers and contractors towards issues relating to health, safety and hygiene on workplaces, with a view to improve their performances.
- Promoting the ban to consume alcoholic drinks and drugs during working hours for the whole personnel; the Company believes that the use of such substances in work environments, besides being harmful for one's health, may have negative consequences on the safety of other employees and on the productivity of the Company.